Kentucky Medicare Plans
Residents of Kentucky have the option of receiving Original Medicare benefits through Original Medicare or from a private insurance company offering medicare plans in Kentucky.
Original Medicare is the federal government program designed to offer health insurance to seniors and people under the age of 65 with certain disabilities or people who are chronically ill. Around 77% of Medicare beneficiaries in Kentucky are eligible due to age while the remaining 23% are eligible due to disability. The standard benefits of Original Medicare is same throughout the United States. Part A and Part B are the two parts of Original Medicare where Part A covers inpatient services like hospital and skilled nursing facility, limited home health care and hospice care whereas Part B covers outpatient care like doctor exams, preventive screenings, durable medical equipment and other medically necessary services and supplies. If you Original Medicare in Kentucky then you can visit to any doctor in the country that accepts Medicare and coverage outside of the United States are limited. All the medicare beneficiaries receive assistance while paying for their healthcare coverage.
Kentucky Medicare Advantage or Part C Plans
Medicare Advantage plan is an alternative way to get Original Medicare. Medicare Advantage plans provide coverage for the services provided by hospitals, doctors, lab tests and also some preventive screenings. These plans must include a maximum out-of-pocket spending limit that varies from plan to plan and once you reach your out-of-pocket expenses then the Medicare Advantage plan pays 100% of covered health care costs for the rest of the year. These plans may also provide extra benefits like routine dental care, vision care, hearing care. If you wish to include prescription drug coverage then you can opt for medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan that has drug coverage. In order to be eligible for Medicare Advantage plan you need to be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B, and should live in the Medicare Advantage plan’s service area. You also need to keep paying your Medicare Part B premium along with the premium of your Medicare Advantage plan. These plans are offered by private insurance companies that have contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Medicare Part D Plans in Kentucky
In Kentucky there are around 26 medicare Part D plans available from ten different health insurance providers. In addition to this there are six prescription drug plans in Kentucky that offer additional gap coverage. The lowest monthly premium of the Part D plan is $15.50 and the highest monthly premium of this plan is $91.90. Since Original Medicare does not include prescription drug coverage, you need to purchase prescription drug coverage either from a stand-alone Part D Prescription Drug Plan or from a Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug plan. All the insurers offering Medicare Part D plan have a list of prescription medications caller formulary, which are covered under the plan. The list of drugs vary as per the different plans offered by the diverse insurers so you need to check whether your required medications are included in the plan’s formulary or not. You need to pay a premium to obtain prescription drug coverage benefit until and unless you qualify for extra help. In case if you have Medicare Part B then need to continue paying your Part B premium.
Medicare Supplement or Medigap Plans Options in Kentucky
Medicare Supplement plans also known as Medigap plans are designed to work along side Medicare Part A and Part B plans to cover Original Medicare costs like copayments, coinsurance and deductibles. Along with these some of the supplement plans also include coverage for other health care services like blood, nursing and hospice cost share, as well as for medical services received outside the country. However, medicare supplement insurance plans in Kentucky do not offer coverage for healthcare services like vision, hearing and dental care and these plans also not include prescription drug benefits or long term care. Medigap plans cannot be used in combination with a Medicare Advantage plan. In Kentucky there are ten basic types of Medigap plans categorized by a different letter of the alphabet. Each of these plan offers identical coverage though the cost of the plan vary depending upon the companies and locations.